AIAG & VDA Design FMEA: Understanding & Implementing – Live Virtual Workshop
This Live Virtual Workshop will assist in the execution of Design FMEAs using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. After attending this course, you gain the ability to describe the benefits of a robust technical risk analysis using the DFMEA development approach described in the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook, execute a DFMEA applying the 7-Step approach, evaluate the consistency in DFMEA application, measure the effectiveness and efficiency of DFMEA within your organization, and develop an Implementation Plan for your organization to adopt the AIAG & VDA FMEA.
2 Days (Live Virtual)
*For private workshops for your organization, a one (1) day add-on Application Coaching Workshop service is available (i.e. facilitated development of a partial FMEA based on the Implementation Plan)
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection.
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth.
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam.
A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
- Describe the benefits of a robust technical risk analysis using the DFMEA development approach described in the AIAG & VDAFMEA Handbook
- Apply the 7-Step approach in the execution of an actual DFMEA
- Evaluate the consistency of DFMEA application cases
- Measure DFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Develop an Implementation Plan forthe AIAG & VDAFMEA
Who Should Attend
Recommended for Core Design FMEA Team to include design engineers, system engineers, component engineers, test engineers, quality/reliability engineers, project managers, FMEA moderators/facilitators, auditors, and other product design roles with a limited working knowledge and background with AIAG Design FMEA.
- Overview of FMEA Foundations based on the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Applying 7-Step approach - a instrumental, integrated with lessons learned, and error-proofing driven method to develop FMEAs
- DFMEA 1st Step – Planning and Preparation
- DFMEA 2nd Step – Structure Analysis
- DFMEA 3rd Step – Function Analysis
- DFMEA 4th Step – Failure Analysis
- DFMEA 5th Step – Risk Analysis
- DFMEA 6th Step – Optimization
- DFMEA 7th Step – Communication
- Design FMEA and Process FMEA Linkages
- Perform a Design FMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- Evaluating DFMEA applications cases
- Introduction to FMEA for Monitoring and System Response (FMEA-MSR): Importance and applicability
- DFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Implementation Plan for the AIAG & VDA FMEA
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.
Training in Context
Technical risk mitigation is crucial for business sustainability during this era of high-speed adoption of technology innovation affecting all automotive systems, subsystems, and components. There is a general recognition of the urgent need for conducting effective Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA). This challenge cannot be addressed without a robust methodology. This makes the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook a critical update for the industry. The concept of robustness exists throughout all sections of the new DFMEA development approach, which is presented in the new AIAG & VDA Handbook. The Handbook contains a structured method for identifying products’ functions and their potential failure modes.