New Product Introduction (NPI)
Concept to launch– on time, on spec & on budget.
New product introduction (NPI) is a risky endeavor that requires your team to engage with a product they have never seen, and anticipate risks they may have never encountered. Issues with unknown tolerances, material differences, timing constraints, critical paths for suppliers and more can surface at milestones.
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
Plexus International can assist you in the launch activities associated with your NPI, or what some refer to as New Product Development (NPD). In the automotive world we typically accomplish this through the core tool of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), or AS9145 for aviation, space and defense organizaions. Do not let the acronyms fool you, when you bring a product from concept to launch, you are, in fact, engaging in NPI.
Risk mitigation during NPI
- FMEA training and coaching
- Readiness Auditing ( auditing against the IATF standard to uncover any gaps prior to launch)
- DRBFM training and assessment
Technical fundamentals training
- IATF Lead / support auditor training
- Core tools (APQP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP) training
- VDA 6.3 training
- Small team facilitation and mentoring for improved performance
Post launch solutions
- Effective Problem solving ( 8-D and similar training)
- Poke Yoke consultation
- Root cause analysis services
- Cost of Quality Assessment to align your performance with your financials
Core Tools Training Programs
In partnership with the AIAG, Plexus offers training solutions for each of the core tools for automotive, aerospace, and all other sectors of manufacturing. Explore training programs for each of the AIAG Core Tools, or click here to learn more.