AS9100D Internal Quality Auditing
Internal audits remain a crucial requirement of the AS9100D standard to verify the compliance of an organization’s quality management system to the standard. Internal auditors must be knowledgeable of the AS9100D requirements to effectively perform internal audits.
This internal auditor course is designed for both new auditors and existing internal auditors who need a thorough refresher of how to perform an internal audit to AS9100. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of AS9100D and the tools to effectively prepare and conduct first party audits to AS9100D. Through interactive learning methods, this course engages participants in a detailed review of AS9100D, including key changes related to counterfeit parts, documented information, operational risk management, process approach, and risk-based thinking.
Through individual participation and group exercises, participants will apply and audit the requirements of AS9100D through case study activities that focus on auditing techniques as referenced by ISO 19011:2011 and AS9101F. Upon completion of this training program, participants will leave with the skills necessary to successfully conduct internal audits to AS9100D.
Live Virtual Only:
- Review and complete Live Virtual – Zoom User Guide (eLearning).
- Test your technology setup to ensure compatibility with the training videoconferencing service HERE
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection.
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth.
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam.
A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
- Summarize the impact ISO 9001:2015 quality management principles have on AS9100D
- Demonstrate an understanding of AS9100D requirements and intent
- Identify the requirements applicable to an AS9100D internal auditor
- Show an ability to independently plan, prepare and execute an AS9100D internal audit based on ISO 19011:2011 and AS9101F guidance
- Identify the tools to effectively form an audit team and conduct an audit meeting according to AS9100D
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process approach to achieve strategic and operational objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of how risk-based thinking supports and improves the understanding and application of the process approach
- Organize documentation according to AS9100D to demonstrate effective planning, operation, and control of processes
- Understand how to plan and manage a business to avoid potential nonconformities, analyze nonconformities that do occur, and take action to prevent reoccurrence of nonconformities
Who Should Attend
This training program is designed for quality professionals in the Aviation, Space and Defense industries who are:
- New AS9100 internal auditors
- Existing AS9100 internal auditors that have not attended training in over three years
- Members of an AS9100D implementation team
- Representatives from key functional groups involved in an organization’s AS9100D quality management system
- Process Approach
- Process Identification: Customer Oriented Processes, Support Processes & Management Processes
- Customer Oriented/Management Process Analysis
- Process Application
- Review of AS9100D Standard
- Understanding the AS9100D Standard
- Overview of ISO 19011
- Communication/Conflict Resolution
- Auditing Skills
- The Audit Process – Plan, Prepare, Perform and After the Audit
- Audit Applications
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources On-Demand: New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform