Implementing Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) – eLearning
This eLearning course is designed to establish the use of FMEAs and to help you learn the skills needed to practice risk reduction and defect prevention. Through this online course you will foster an understanding of the specific components of Design and Process FMEAs; utilize the FMEA to avoid Murphy’s Law; relate the FMEA to APQP; and gain the needed skills to practice risk reduction and defect prevention.
E-learning modules use case studies and interactive questionnaires to simulate a hands-on approach.
Estimated time to complete: 4 - 6 hours
Note: It is recommended that you have a copy of the FMEA Reference Manual to consult as you take this module.
Please Note: You will have access to the eLearning module for 60 days after your registration date. Upon completion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion via email.
Please select the link below to review system requirements:
- Define Design and Process FMEA customers
- Create Design and Process FMEAs
- Explain the relationship of FMEA to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Develop flow charts, process instructions and control plans
- List the specifics of Design and Process FMEAs
- Translate the concept of risk to how the risk of failure can be reduced within an organization
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949; individuals and cross functional teams interested in risk reduction and anyone who wants a better understanding of basic FMEA and risk management methodology; and representatives from key functional groups involved in an organization's quality management system.
Upon completion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion via email.