Basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
This one-day course is an overview of the GD&T concepts in controls necessary for proper layout and applications. The course will cover typical issues that can occur when applying a traditional coordinate system and how Geometric Tolerance can overcome them. You will be introduced to the symbols, terminology and the rules for GD&T based on ASME Y14.5:2009.
Learning participation can be maximized if the individual enters with working knowledge and experience related to this subject.
- Define the key terms of GD&T and how they affect the interpretation of drawings
- Define and understand the proper symbols, modifiers, and feature control format
- Define the GD&T characteristics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the GD&T characteristics by:
- Sketching the characteristics
- Sketching the tolerance zone
- Stating the impact of modifiers on the tolerance zone
- Describe the gauging required to evaluate the parts
Who Should Attend
Recommended for quality and layout personnel and support staff who must communicate with engineering and manufacturing, as well laboratory technicians who must perform gauging to layouts.
Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Application of Appropriate Symbols
Part 3: Application of the Rules
Part 4: Datums and Features
Part 5: Dimensioning and Tolerancing Major Concepts