ISO 14001:2015 EMS Understanding and Internal Auditing
ISO 14001:2015 is recognized worldwide as a superb methodology for reducing environmental hazards, maintaining regulatory compliance and as a cost-saving vehicle.
Environmental management system internal auditors assist an organization in maintaining an effective EMS and in meeting environmentally sensitive targets and objectives. Using environmental methodology and tools, this ISO 14001:2015 EMS internal auditor class helps your organization drive continuous improvement.
Learn a range of internal EMS auditing skills that will help you become a strong advocate and auditor in your company's effort to obtain maximum value from your commitment to environmental issues. Gain confidence in your audit skills - from planning through reporting the results. Acquire actual experience working as a member of a functioning audit team during the course.
- Basic EMS system terminology
- Environmental auditing and system evaluation using the ISO 19011 standard
- Effective communication skills and techniques
- Conflict management
- Apply the ISO 14001:2015 clauses and relate the clauses to the intent of the standard
- Create a basic non-business model or metaphor for elements of the standard – something that has inputs, transformations and outputs as any business would have
- Identify aspects and targets and prepare an implementation strategy
- Perform audits based on the ISO 19011 Standard
- Define Environmental Management System terminology and identify the ISO 14001:2015 Requirements
Who Should Attend
Recommended for EMS audit program coordinators, EMS auditors desiring certified internal auditor status, EMS planners, implementers and team members.
- Clause by clause review of ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental System Terminology and the ISO 14001:2015 Requirements
- What is an Audit?
- The Internal Auditor
- Communication Skills
- How to Plan for the Audit
- How to Prepare for the Audit
- How to Perform the Audit