Understanding ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Requirements
In this two-day course, you will learn how to interpret and implement the requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system based on ISO 45001:2018. Increased emphasis is placed on the concept of risk-based thinking applied to how to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system.
Plexus is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for the Exemplar Gloabl-OH (Implementation Team Members) Competency Unit.
Basic knowledge and/or work experience in applying ISO 45001:2018.
- Explain the purpose and rationale for the creation of ISO 45001:2018 compared with OHSAS 18001
- Perform a context analysis to identify stakeholder needs relevant to the organization
- Demonstrate an understanding of OH&S system management definitions, terminology, and fundamental concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities of senior management for effective implementation of the occupational health and safety management system
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to plan for the implementation of the occupational health and safety management system based on risk-based thinking
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational planning requirements related to routine and non-routine situations, support functions, and the working environment
- Identify and take advantage of occupational health and safety opportunities
Who Should Attend
- Health & Safety Compliance Managers
- ISO 45001:2018 Implementation Team Members
- Managers of the OH&S management system
- Engineers and labor safety technicians and other members of the OH&S management system team
- Course Overview and Welcome
- Introduction to ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 45001:2018 – Requirements and Commentary
- ISO 45001:2018 – Requirements and Commentary (continued)
- Competency-Based Final Examination (OH)
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency unit:
- Exemplar Global-OH
Those who do not pass will receive an attendance certificate.