AIAG & VDA FMEA | MSR Basics
FMEA-MSR adds value by assessing product-design risk reduction as a result of monitoring and response. FMEA-MSR evaluates the current state of risk of failure and derives the necessity for additional monitoring by comparison with the conditions for acceptable residual risk.
This course will assist you in the execution of Supplemental Design FMEAs for Monitoring and System Response (FMEA-MSR) using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook methodology. By attending this 1- day overview course, you will develop an understanding on how to effectively address product-design risks at customer operation by applying FMEA-MSRs as a supplemental methodology to your Design FMEAs.
*For training delivered on-site at your organization, a one (1) day add-on Application Coaching Workshop service is available (i.e. facilitated development of a partial FMEA-MSR based on the Implementation Plan).
AIAG & VDA Design FMEA Understanding or Transitioning course
- Describe the benefits of a robust product-design risk analysis using the FMEA-MSR
- Apply AIAG & VDA FMEA-MSR foundations to develop a FMEA-MSR example (extract)
- Evaluate the consistency of a FMEA-MSR application case
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for Core Design FMEA / FMEA-MSR Teams including design engineers, system engineers, component engineers, test engineers, quality/reliability engineers, project managers, FMEA moderators/facilitators, auditors, and other product design roles with a Design FMEA working knowledge and training completion.
- Introduction to mechatronic systems
- Introduction of FMEA-MSR: benefits and applicability
- AIAG & VDA FMEA 7-step approach review
- Design FMEA and FMEA-MSR linkages
- Evaluating a FMEA-MSR application case
Plexus International brings your team together with experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment whether you are joining online or in-person. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop interaction includes the following functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderator support: For every session, both trainers and moderators (or on-site staff) will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of our training model. Participants may interject and raise hands at any time, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share feedback in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into breakouts to privately complete group activities and discussions, then returning to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (or polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention during the units.
- Digital Learning Package or Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may receive a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: If this is your first-time training with Plexus International or in a Live Virtual Workshop environment, we have prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate any conferencing technology and will support your teams hands-on in case you need any extra assistance. Join any session 30 minutes early and a moderator or support team member will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in our training sessions.