AIAG & VDA Process FMEA: Understanding & Implementing with Control Plans – Live Virtual Workshop
This Live Virtual Workshop will assist in the execution of Process FMEAs using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. After attending this course, you gain the ability to describe the benefits of a robust technical risk analysis using the PFMEA development approach described in the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook, execute a PFMEA applying the 7-Step approach, evaluate the consistency in PFMEA application, measure the effectiveness and efficiency of PFMEA within your organization with linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), and develop an Implementation Plan for your organization to adopt the AIAG & VDA FMEA. This course also provides insight and hands-on experience with how to develop and implement Control Plans for your manufacturing processes.
2 Days (Live Virtual)
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection.
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth.
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam.
A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
- Describe the benefits of a robust technical risk analysis using the PFMEA development approach described in the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Apply the 7-Steps approach in the execution of an actual PFMEA
- Evaluate the consistency of PFMEA application cases
- Measure PFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Develop an Implementation Plan for the AIAG & VDA FMEA
- Describe the type of information that should be entered in each Control Plan column
- Utilize information gathered from performing an FMEA to construct a Control Plan
- Evaluate the consistency of Control Plan application cases
- Develop Control Plans for your manufacturing processes
Who Should Attend
Recommended for Core Process FMEA Team to include process/manufacturing engineers, ergonomic engineers, process validation engineers, quality/reliability engineers, project managers, FMEA moderators/facilitators, auditors, and other roles with a limited working knowledge and background with AIAG Process FMEA.
- Overview of FMEA Foundations based on the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Applying 7-Steps approach - an instrumental, integrated with lessons learned, and error-proofing driven method to develop FMEAs
- PFMEA 1st Step – Planning and Preparation.
- PFMEA 2nd Step – Structure Analysis
- PFMEA 3rd Step – Function Analysis
- PFMEA 4th Step – Failure Analysis
- PFMEA 5th Step – Risk Analysis
- PFMEA 6th Step – Optimization
- PFMEA 7th Step – Communication
- Design FMEA and Process FMEA Linkages
- Perform a Process FMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- Evaluating PFMEA applications cases
- PFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Implementation Plan for the AIAG & VDA FMEA
- Process FMEAs and Control Plan Linkages
- Developing and Implementing Control Plans
- Control Plan Application
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.
Training in Context
The growing phenomenon of automotive OEMs adopting global platforms with similar subsystems, components, and materials is addressed within the automotive supply chain by the development of product family processes (processes that can produce several part numbers to several customers using common manufacturing processes and shared resources). When a manufacturing quality problem occurs in any “product family process” it brings about the potential risk for shipment of defective parts not only for one, but for several customer products, making technical risk mitigation related to manufacturing quality crucial for automotive industry. This challenge cannot be addressed without a robust methodology that takes into consideration all potential failure modes to all potential applications.
The new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook is a critical update for the industry that addresses this, and other challenges the automotive industry is facing. The concept of robustness exists throughout all sections of the new PFMEA development approach, which is presented in the new AIAG & VDA Handbook. The Handbook contains a structured method for identifying process steps functions, requirements, and its potential failure modes.