APQP, Control Plan, and PPAP: Understanding and Implementing
APQP is one of the most high-level Core Tools and a guiding force for other tools like FMEA, MSA and SPC. It is important that your APQP is done correctly. Therefore you're looking to learn APQP you need to not only UNDERSTAND it but you also need to learn how to IMPLEMENT it; and that is exactly what this three day course does.
This three-day course is the most in-depth application-based course for APQP practitioners and is the perfect fit for:
- Practitioners who will be leading their APQP endeavors in their organizations.
- Team members that will be providing the elements of APQP.
- Auditors that may want to know exactly what a good looking APQP deployment consists of.
We know that APQP is not easy, just like program management is not easy. However, we've included a ton of things inside of this course in order to help you engage in understanding and effectively implement your APQP activities in your organization.
- We've included both the managerial and technical aspects to make sure that you not only walk away with the proper technical expertise but you're able then to manage the programs to control time, cost, and budget.
- We've added case studies to allow you to analyze and evaluate other people's APQP programs in order to tell whether or not yours measures up.
- We also included a ton of other techniques that successful practitioners have used over the last few decades so that you have techniques in addition to just the definitions for the tool.
If you're looking for the best most inclusive APQP program out there this class is for you. This class is where you go if you are looking for competence not just conformance.
3 Days (24 Hours)
- Understand General expectations for each APQP task and the higher system level of phase
- Apply techniques to mitigate cascading impact of ineffective execution on program objectives
- Identify and learn to address changes that occur during and after development
- Evaluate the effectiveness of tasks performed as well as how to measure metrics for APQP
- Understand and apply the use of each APQP tool in a real world context
- Analyze real world applications for effective internal communication as well as stakeholders
- Create Linkages between APQP tools at the task level
- Apply proven techniques for problem resolution/escalation
- Analyze Different methodologies of program management
- Understand APQP as a system and how it contributes to the business system
- Create an APQP program aligned to applicable QMS standards
- Understand and apply various methodologies Managing time, cost and risk factors
- Apply new techniques to manage the flow down of customer/regulatory requirements
- Evaluate and analyze Risk at the system level on program development
- Apply auditing measurements of effectiveness and how to Identify focus areas and audit trails based on indicators
Who Should Attend
- Program managers responsible to manage or implement APQP projects
- Engineering and Support staff that work inside of APQP projects and want to know what is expected
- Leaders who want to see the bigger picture of APQP to effectively manage and deliver PPAP
- Auditors looking to be able to audit the complete APQP process from start to finish
- Fundamentals of APQP
- Phase 1 -Quotation overview
- Phase 1 Case Study
- Phase 2 -Design Overview
- Phase 2 Case Study
- Phase 3-Process Overview
- Phase 3 Case Study
- Phase 4 – Control Plan overview
- Phase 4 – PPAP
- Phase 4 Case Study
- Phase 5
Plexus International brings your team together with experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment whether you are joining online or in-person. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop interaction includes the following functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderator support: For every session, both trainers and moderators (or on-site staff) will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of our training model. Participants may interject and raise hands at any time, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share feedback in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into breakouts to privately complete group activities and discussions, then returning to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (or polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention during the units.
- Digital Learning Package or Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may receive a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: If this is your first-time training with Plexus International or in a Live Virtual Workshop environment, we have prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate any conferencing technology and will support your teams hands-on in case you need any extra assistance. Join any session 30 minutes early and a moderator or support team member will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in our training sessions.
This course receives a certificate of completion.