IAQG-Sanctioned AIMM Awareness – eLearning
The Aerospace Improvement Maturity Model (AIMM) is provided by the IAQG to help organizations move beyond compliance to the 9100 (AS9100, EN9100, JIS Q 9100) standard and improve the maturity of their Quality Management System (QMS). Using AIMM, an organization can evaluate its current level of maturity and set clear targets for improvement. AIMM can be successfully used by certified or non-certified organizations, either for the entire scope of a 9100 compliant QMS or specific areas of interest.
This course introduces the 26 AIMM modules; explores the AIMM maturity levels, expected outcomes for each module, examples of maturity level indicators, and typical blockers of clauses within 9100 to determine how they apply with AIMM.
Online: 90-120 minutes
Familiarity with Aviation, Space and Defense standards is recommended but not required.
- Define AIMM
- Explain why AIMM is important
- Recognize the maturity levels and their purpose
- Identify appropriate indicators for each maturity level of an AIMM module
- Identify expected outcomes for each AIMM module
- Recognize typical challenges for each AIMM module
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers, Auditors, Operations, Design and Development Managers and Engineers, and other personnel who may be involved in the application and/or provide input to completion of an AIMM assessment.
Part 1 - AIMM Foundations
- Introduction to AIMM
- The Purpose of AIMM
Part 2 - 26 AIMM
- Module-by-Module Commentary
- Summary of Expected Outcomes
- Summary of Maturity Level Criteria
- Typical Challenges
Part 3 - Next Steps
- Summary of key points
- How to Use AIMM to Drive Continuous Improvement