IATF 16949:2016 Lead Auditor Training with AIAG Supplier Auditor Certification
This exclusive 5-day training program, offered in partnership by AIAG and Plexus, is the highest level of auditor training available to automotive suppliers.
IATF 16949:2016 places an increased emphasis on first and second-party auditor qualification. This course is designed to prepare first and second-party auditors to meet the new requirements of IATF 16949:2016 and customer requirements of FCA, Ford Motor Co., and General Motors Co. This is the only IATF 16949:2016 training that combines the AIAG Supplier Auditor Certification together with an IATF 16949 Lead Auditor training.
In accordance with internal and supplier auditor competency requirements defined in IATF 16949 Section 7.2.3 and 7.2.4, participants are encouraged to complete the AIAG Core Tools Self-Assessment (CTSA) to assess proficiency in the core tools, prior to attending auditor training. CLICK HERE for more information.
Note: Successful completion of this course/exam does not qualify you to conduct third-party audits.
- Participants must have a working knowledge of the Core Tools and auditing experience. Although there is no mandatory verification by Training Administrator, lack of the required working knowledge and experience in this competence area may negatively affect training participation and final scoring.
Live Virtual only:
Equipment Needed (Live Virtual only):
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection.
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth.
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam.
- Conduct a Self-Study in preparation for the course. The activity is designed to acquaint you with ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standards, and the guidelines for auditing management systems. This will be sent to registrants before their session.
- Post Training Application: Leading first- and second-party audits and audit program management.
Live Virtual only:
- A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
The final examination assesses the following competency areas (as defined in IATF clause 7.2.3):
- 7.2.3a, 7.2.3b, 7.2.3c, 7.2.3d, 7.2.3e
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of IATF 16949:2016 and the application of audit principles and practices based on IATF 16949:2016. Seventy-five percent of the examination grade is based on questions that require essay responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of IATF 16949:2016. The remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice, true/false or short-answer questions.
- Identify linkages to quality management principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of and apply the automotive process approach to auditing, including risk-based thinking
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
- Identify the requirements applicable to an IATF 16949:2016 first and second-party auditor
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and Customer Specific Requirements, including how to audit the applicable CSRs
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and the Core Tools, including how to audit applicable core tool requirements related to the scope of the audit
- Demonstrate knowledge of Rules 5th Edition applicable to the first- and second-party audit process
- Apply auditing skills according to ISO 19011 for Lead Auditors
- Apply the concept of risk-based thinking in the audit process
Note: A full copy of the IATF 16949:2016 and 9001:2015 publications are not included. However, the exacted requirements text of 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, with training commentary, will be included in the participant manual.
Who Should Attend
This training is designed for quality professionals in the automotive industry, and recommended for:
- First and second-party auditors who want to become an AIAG-certified Supplier Auditor
- Candidates to manage first- and second-party audit programs
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Quality Management Principles
- Process Approach and Risked-Based Thinking
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 – Requirements and Commentary
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 – Requirements and Commentary (continued)
- Auditing the Core Tools
- Auditing Customer Specific Requirements
- Conflict Management
- Auditing Skills
- Auditing Application
- Auditing Application (continued)
- Final Examination
Earn two certificates upon successful appraisal:
- An AIAG IATF 16949:2016 Lead Auditor Training certificate
- An AIAG IATF 16949:2016 Supplier Auditor Certification certificate for first and second-party assessments.
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.