ISO 14001:2015 Understanding & Internal Auditing
ISO 14001:2015 is recognized worldwide as a superb methodology for reducing environmental hazards, maintaining regulatory compliance and as a cost-saving vehicle.
Environmental management system internal auditors assist an organization in maintaining an effective EMS and in meeting environmentally sensitive targets and objectives. Using environmental methodology and tools, this ISO 14001:2015 EMS internal auditor class helps your organization drive continuous improvement.
Learn a range of internal EMS auditing skills that will help you become a strong advocate and auditor in your company’s effort to obtain maximum value from your commitment to environmental issues. Gain confidence in your audit skills – from planning through reporting the results. Acquire actual experience working as a member of a functioning audit team during the course.
Live Virtual only:
- Review and complete Live Virtual – Zoom User Guide (eLearning).
- Test your technology setup to ensure compatibility with the training videoconferencing service HERE
Equipment Needed (Live Virtual only):
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam
- Basic EMS system terminology
- Environmental auditing and system evaluation using the ISO 19011 standard
- Effective communication skills and techniques
- Conflict management
- Apply the ISO 14001:2015 clauses and relate the clauses to the intent of the standard
- Create a basic non-business model or metaphor for elements of the standard – something that has inputs, transformations and outputs as any business would have
- Identify aspects and targets and prepare an implementation strategy
- Perform audits based on the ISO 19011 standard
- Define Environmental Management System (EMS) terminology and identify the ISO 14001:2015 requirements
Who Should Attend
Course OutlineDay 1
- Clause by clause review of ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental system terminology and the ISO 14001:2015 requirements
- What is an audit?
- The internal auditor
- Communication skills
- How to plan for the audit
- How to prepare for the audit
- How to perform the audit
Plexus International brings your team together with experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment whether you are joining online or in-person. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop interaction includes the following functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderator support: For every session, both trainers and moderators (or on-site staff) will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of our training model. Participants may interject and raise hands at any time, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share feedback in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into breakouts to privately complete group activities and discussions, then returning to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (or polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention during the units.
- Digital Learning Package or Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may receive a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: If this is your first-time training with Plexus International or in a Live Virtual Workshop environment, we have prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate any conferencing technology and will support your teams hands-on in case you need any extra assistance. Join any session 30 minutes early and a moderator or support team member will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in our training sessions.