ISO 14001:2015 Understanding & Internal Auditing – Live Virtual Workshop
ISO 14001:2015 is recognized worldwide as a superb methodology for reducing environmental hazards, maintaining regulatory compliance and as a cost-saving vehicle.
Environmental management system internal auditors assist an organization in maintaining an effective EMS and in meeting environmentally sensitive targets and objectives. Using environmental methodology and tools, this ISO 14001:2015 EMS internal auditor class helps your organization drive continuous improvement.
Learn a range of internal EMS auditing skills that will help you become a strong advocate and auditor in your company’s effort to obtain maximum value from your commitment to environmental issues. Gain confidence in your audit skills – from planning through reporting the results. Acquire actual experience working as a member of a functioning audit team during the course.
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam
- Basic EMS system terminology
- Environmental auditing and system evaluation using the ISO 19011 standard
- Effective communication skills and techniques
- Conflict management
- Apply the ISO 14001:2015 clauses and relate the clauses to the intent of the standard
- Create a basic non-business model or metaphor for elements of the standard – something that has inputs, transformations and outputs as any business would have
- Identify aspects and targets and prepare an implementation strategy
- Perform audits based on the ISO 19011 standard
- Define Environmental Management System (EMS) terminology and identify the ISO 14001:2015 requirements
Who Should Attend
Course OutlineDay 1
- Clause by clause review of ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental system terminology and the ISO 14001:2015 requirements
- What is an audit?
- The internal auditor
- Communication skills
- How to plan for the audit
- How to prepare for the audit
- How to perform the audit
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.