ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Training for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
This five-day course is designed to provide audit team members and team leaders with the necessary knowledge and skills to interpret and audit occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system requirements based on the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 19011:2018.
Plexus is a provider for the AU (Audit Team Member), and TL (Audit Team Leader) Competency Units.
Note: Successful completion of this course and exam may not be sufficient qualification to conduct ISO 45001 third-party audits. Please consult the third-party auditor qualification requirements of your Certification Body.
Management system auditing experience
Basic knowledge and/or work experience in applying ISO 45001:2018
- Explain the purpose and rationale for the creation of ISO 45001:2018 compared with OHSAS 18001
- Perform a context analysis to identify stakeholder needs relevant to the organization
- Demonstrate an understanding of OH&S system management definitions, terminology, and fundamental concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities of senior management for effective implementation of the occupational health and safety management system
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to plan for the implementation of the occupational health and safety management system based on risk-based thinking
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational planning requirements related to routine and non-routine situations, support functions, and the working environment
- Identify and take advantage of occupational health and safety opportunities
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology, and guidelines
- Demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities of the internal auditor
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and apply the process approach to auditing, including risk-based thinking
- Evaluate system audit scenarios based on the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- Classify, record, and resolve nonconformities
- Apply the necessary skills to manage an audit program, including associated risks and opportunities
- Apply methods and criteria to assess the auditor competency
- Form an audit team – Lead Auditor and Auditor Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities of the audit team leader
Who Should Attend
- Internal auditors of the OH&S management system
- Lead auditors and audit team leaders of the OH&S management system
- Health & Safety Compliance Managers
- Managers of the OH&S management system
- ISO 45001:2018 Implementation Team Members
- Engineers and labor safety technicians and other members of the OH&S management system team
- Course Overview and Welcome
- Introduction to ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 45001:2018 – Requirements and Commentary
- ISO 45001:2018 – Requirements and Commentary (continued)
- Competency-Based Final Examination (OH)
- Conflict Management
- Audit Team Member Skills
- Audit Team Leader Skills
- Audit Program Management
- Auditing Application and Simulation Exercises
- Competency-Based Final Examination (AU and TL)
Training course and/or examination assumes the individual has working knowledge and experience related to this subject. Although there is no mandatory verification by Training Administrator, lack of the required working knowledge and experience in this competence area may negatively affect training participation and final scoring.
- Those who pass will receive a Plexus ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Training certificate.
- Those who do not pass will receive a certificate of attendance.