Understanding and Implementing APQP with PPAP
Implement the APQP process, develop control plans and complete the PPAP efficiently and effectively.
In this two-day workshop participants will acquire the skills necessary to complete all five Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) phases from "voice of the customer" through final output, including control plan methodology and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submission.
Through group activities and hands-on coaching, you learn the importance of thorough planning activities and develop a functional timing plan for production and delivery of a simulated product. Using simulations, groups work with customer engineers to develop a customer requirement and take it from prototype to a functionally acceptable and capable part. Realism is enhanced as teams develop flow charts, process instructions and control plans for the product and carry them through to PPAP submission.
Knowledge of automotive requirements
- Identify the key linkages between IATF 16949 and APQP, FMEA, MSA and SPC
- Evaluate the 5 phases of APQP
- Define PPAP submission requirements
- Design a functional timing plan for production and delivery of a simulated product
- Name the features of developing a manufacturing system and its control plans, and validating the manufacturing process
Who Should Attend
Recommended for quality managers and quality team leaders, third-party auditors of IATF 16949, anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949, individuals and cross-functional teams implementing the quality planning process to meet IATF 16949, and anyone who wants a better understanding of the quality planning process.
- Basics of Quality Planning and APQP
- APQP 1.0 – Plan and Define
- APQP 2.0 – Product Design and Development
- APQP 3.0 – Process Design and Development
- APQP 4.0 – Product and Process Validation
- Production Part Approval Process
- APQP 5.0 – Production, Feedback and Assessment
- Key Linkages and APQP Examples
- Bulk Material Supplement