Understanding and Implementing Design and Process FMEA – 4th Edition for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations – Live Virtual Workshop
Establish the foundation to void Murphy’s Law; things that could go wrong don’t have to when you learn to use the 4th Edition Design and Process FMEAs successfully.
This two-day workshop will teach you the skills to understand and use FMEAs and the concept of risk reduction and defect prevention. Turn your quality control around when you discover the impact of failure and how you can reduce the risk with FMEAs. Then, take your skills and knowledge beyond the concepts by learning the specifics of successfully developing and maintaining design and process FMEAs for your company, which includes identifying and reducing risk factors.
2 days (Live Virtual)
Knowledge & Experience
- Participants should possess a working knowledge of quality systems and methodologies, and have some experience in ISO-based quality management systems.
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection.
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth.
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam.
A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
- Explain the benefits and general framework of FMEA as a risk analysis tool
- Relate Design and Process FMEAs to APQP
- Define FMEA customers
- Identify functions, potential failure modes and effects
- Determine potential causes
- Identify current prevention and detection process controls
- Identify improvement opportunities to reduce the risk of failure
- Utilize information gathered from performing an FMEA and construct a Prototype Control Plan
- Connect the Block Diagram, Design FMEAs, and Prototype Control Plans
- Utilize information gathered from performing an FMEA and construct a Pre-Launch/Production Control Plan
- Connect the Process Flow, Process FMEAs, Control Plans and Work Instructions
Who Should Attend
Recommended for Development Coordinators, APQP Team Members, Product Design Engineers, Process Engineers, Quality Professionals, PPAP Coordinators, Project Managers, and other manufacturing roles related to quality assurance.
- Block Diagrams
- Functional Analysis relationship at the system, subsystem and component levels
- Developing and implementing Design FMEAs
- Failure Modes
- Process Controls
- Managing Improvement Actions – Actions to reduce Severity, Occurrence, and Detection
- Design FMEAs and Prototype Control Plan Linkages
- Design FMEA and Process FMEA Linkages
- Design FMEA Application
- Process Flow Charts
- Product and Process Characteristics
- Special Characteristics
- Developing and Implementing Process FMEAs
- Failure Modes
- Process Controls
- Managing Improvement Actions – Actions to reduce Severity, Occurrence and Detection ratings in the PFMEA
- Process FMEAs and Control Plan Linkages
- Integrating APQP Quality Plans: Process Flow, Process FMEAs, Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Process FMEA Application
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package: Depending on the course, participants may receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.