AIAG IATF 16949:2016 Internal Auditor - Live Virtual Workshop
This 3-day Live Virtual Workshop is designed for new internal auditors and experienced internal auditors who require refresher training. Participants will complete an in-depth review of ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2016, and the tools to effectively prepare and conduct internal audits. Through individual participation and group exercises, participants will apply and audit the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 through case study activities that focus on industry-recognized auditing techniques. A final examination is included at the end of the course.
In accordance with internal auditor competency requirements defined in IATF 16949 Section 7.2.3, participants are encouraged to complete the AIAG Core Tools Self-Assessment (CTSA) to assess proficiency in the core tools, prior to attending auditor training. CLICK HERE for more information.
Plexus International is the certified Training Provider for this course.
3 Days (Live Virtual)
- Review and complete Live Virtual – Zoom User Guide (eLearning).
- Test your technology setup to ensure compatibility with the training videoconferencing service HERE
- Self-Study (Mandatory): A series of questions (self-study document) to be answered by the student and turned in prior to, or at the beginning of, the course. The self study is designed to acquaint you with ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standards, and the guidelines for auditing management systems.
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam
- A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
- Basic knowledge of the Customer Specific Requirements and the Core Tools. Learning participation can be maximized if the individual enters with working knowledge and experience related to this subject.
- Post-Training Application: Participating in Internal Auditors, including the implementation and auditing of the Core Tools and CSRs.
The final examination assesses the following competency areas (as defined in IATF clause 7.2.3):
- 7.2.3a, 7.2.3c, 7.2.3e
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of IATF 16949:2016 and the application of audit principles and practices based on IATF 16949:2016. Fifty percent of the examination grade is based on questions that require short answer responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of IATF 16949:2016. The remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice and true/false questions.
- Identify linkages to quality management principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of and apply the automotive process approach to auditing, including risk-based thinking
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
- Identify the requirements applicable to an IATF 16949:2016 internal auditor
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and Customer Specific Requirements (CSRs), including how to audit the applicable CSRs
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and the Core Tools
- Apply auditing skills according to ISO 19011 for Internal Auditors
Note: A full copy of the IATF 16949:2016 and 9001:2015 publications are not included. However, the exacted requirements text of 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, with training commentary, will be included in the participant manual.
Who Should Attend
This training program is designed for quality professionals in the automotive industry, and recommended for:
- New internal auditors
- Experienced internal auditors who require refresh training
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Quality Management Principles
- Process Approach and Risked-Based Thinking
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 – Requirements and Commentary
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 – Requirements and Commentary
- Auditing the Core Tools and Customer Specific Requirements – Introductory Analysis
- Conflict Management
- Auditing Skills
- Auditing Skills (continued)
- Auditing Application
- Written Examination
- Those who pass will receive an AIAG IATF 16949:2016 Internal Auditor Training certificate
- Those who do not pass will receive a certificate of attendance
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.