AIAG & VDA Foundation & Family DFMEA Fundamentals – Live Virtual Seminar
In this Live Virtual Seminar from the FMEA Bootcamp 2.0 series, we will cover definitions and practical application for creating Foundation and Family DFMEAs. Learn the fundamentals of Foundation and Family DFMEAs according to the AIAG & VDA methodology, how these two FMEAs differ, and how to sort the information from each to form a strategy. You’ll get to take a look at real examples from Plexus FMEA Implementation experts, as well as 3 actionable techniques that you can use immediately when you return to your facility. Lastly, we’ll cover the sustainability of the foundation and family structure to help your organization hold on to lessons learned, concluding with a live Q&A session with an industry expert.
2.5 hours including Q&A
Prior understanding of AIAG & VDA Design FMEA fundamentals
Join this session by invitation only through the Zoom Webinar technology. Receive an email invitation after payement is completed. Please watch for your invitation from Plexus International at firstname.lastname@example.org and join the session through your web browser using the link in your email invitation.
What are Live Virtual Seminars?
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Seminars use webinar technology to help your team build foundational knowledge with Plexus's experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. Fit training into your schedule, and budget, from the comfort of your home or office.
You'll receive a digital download of information and concepts from the seminar
- Understand the fundamentals of, and differences between, Foundation and Family Design FMEA according to the AIAG & VDA FMEA methodology
- Understand how to sort the information from Foundation and Family FMEAs to form a strategy in a practical application
- Gain three actionable techniques you can use back at your facility
Who Should Attend
Recommended for Core Design FMEA Team to include design engineers, system engineers, component engineers, test engineers, quality/reliability engineers, project managers, FMEA moderators/facilitators, auditors, and other product design roles with a background and experience with AIAG Design FMEA.
- Foundation and Family FMEA Key Concepts and Definitions
- What is a Foundation DFMEA and how is it different from a Family DFMEA?
- Linkage to the 7-Step Process
- Creating Foundation & Family DFMEAs
- Different approaches organizations can take to develop these DFMEAs
- How to utilize the best fit approach vs. the perfect approach
- Manage the Feedback Loop in Foundation FMEA
- Integration into the organization’s business system
- Using organizational knowledge in FMEA
- Live Q&A Session
Attend the full seminar to receive a certificate of completion and 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.