AS9145 Understanding & Implementing APQP and PPAP for Aviation, Space and Defense (ASD) Organizations
On-time and on-quality delivery with zero defects.
This two-day course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and how to implement all five phases of APQP as part of the New Product Development process within the context of the Aerospace industry. This course also covers Aerospace Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), including where and when to incorporate prevention tools and methodologies such as DFMEA, Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, and SPC.
Basic knowledge of management systems
Working knowledge of the New Product Development (NPD) process
Learning participation can be maximized if the individual enters with working knowledge and experience related to this subject.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Aerospace Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the 5 phases of APQP, including the specific inputs and outputs related to each phase
- Identify the key linkages between AS9100 requirements and AS9145, AS9102, and AS9103
- Evaluate the 5 phases of APQP
- Demonstrate an understanding of Aerospace Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
Who Should Attend
Senior Managers, Management Representatives, Implementation Teams, Internal Auditors and others involved in the auditing or implementation of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities including Control Plans.
Basics of Quality Planning and APQP
Activities, deliverables, and phase output key milestones for:
- APQP 1.0 - Plan and Define
- APQP 2.0 - Product Design and Development
- APQP 3.0 - Process Design and Development
Activities, Deliverables, and phase output key milestones for:
- APQP 4.0 - Product and Process Validation
- APQP 5.0 - On-Going Production, Use, and Post-Delivery Services
Production Part Approval Process, including First Article Inspection Requirements (AS9102) and Variation Management of Key Characteristics (AS9103)
ASD APQP/PPAP Comprehensive Case Study review
This course can be delivered on-site at your organization in a workshop-style format for your entire implementation team. Request a quote from a Plexus Representative and together we'll perform an organizational needs analysis to determine the best plan of action, and tailor solutions for your organization's unique needs and overall business goals.
Travel to a training venue for an interactive, 2-day training workshop. Browse open-enrollment session dates and find training in a city near you.