Understanding and Impementing APQP with PPAP - Live Virtual Workshop
In this Live-Virtual Workshop you will learn the skills needed to implement the APQP process, develop control plans and complete the production part approval process smoothly, efficiently, and effectively within your company. Additionally, acquire the skills necessary to complete all five APQP phases from "voice of the customer" through final output, including control plan methodology and PPAP submission.
Through group activities and hands-on coaching, you learn the importance of thorough planning activities and develop a functional timing plan for production and delivery of a simulated product. Using simulations, groups work with customer engineers to develop a customer requirement and take it from prototype to a functionally acceptable and capable part. Realism is enhanced as teams develop flow charts, process instructions and control plans for the product and carry them through to PPAP submission.
2 Days (Live Virtual)
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam
- A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
- Exiting knowledge of automotive requirements
- Identify the key linkages between ISO/TS - IATF 16949:2016 and APQP, FMEA, MSA and SPC
- Evaluate the 5 phases of APQP
- Define PPAP submission requirements
- Design a functional timing plan for production and delivery of a simulated product
- Name the features of developing a manufacturing system and its control plans, and validating the manufacturing process
Who Should Attend
Recommended for quality managers and quality team leaders, third-party auditors of ISO/TS - IATF 16949:2016, anyone involved in the implementation of ISO/TS - IATF 16949:2016, individuals and cross-functional teams implementing the quality planning process to meet ISO/TS - IATF 16949:2016, and anyone who wants a better understanding of the quality planning process.
- Basics of Quality Planning and APQP
- APQP 1.0 – Plan and Define
- APQP 2.0 – Product Design and Development
- APQP 3.0 – Process Design and Development
- APQP 4.0 – Product and Process Validation
- Production Part Approval Process
- APQP 5.0 – Production, Feedback and Assessment
- Key Linkages and APQP Examples
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.