Understanding and Implementing MSA and SPC Basics - Live Virtual Workshop
This Live Virtual Workshop will help you establish a foundational knowledge base to analyze your manufacturing system and enhance its effectiveness. Gain a basic understanding of how to establish, analyze and implement effective MSA studies and then use that information to develop a statistical process control (SPC) system in a manufacturing environment. MSA must be firm prior to the measurement of process through SPC, so this course explores both tools and their interaction at an introductory level.
Discover the framework of how to implement and audit MSA and SPC fundamentals at your facility and develop a statistical toolbox that can be used for each of your projects that reflect the stability and capability of your manufacturing system. In this overview course we cover the tools and techniques you need to know about, and we go through basic interpretation and common challenges in both implementing, interpreting and auditing these tools.
1 Day (Live Virtual)
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam
- A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
- Existing knowledge of automotive requirements
- Translate the linkage of SPC and MSA with IATF 16949:2016 requirements and PPAP
- Identify different types of data and which measurement studies and control methods are the most appropriate
- Break down your process variation into common and special causes
- Link the use of these MSA and SPC to the FMEA
- Incorporate the use of SPC and MSA through applied exercises of both calculation and interpretation
- Develop measurement profiles based on defining customer requirements and acceptance criteria
- Develop a Measurement Assurance Plan (MAP) to plan, apply, and improve MSA and SPC studies (linkage with APQP)
Who Should Attend
Recommended for quality managers, Manufacturing Mangers, manufacturing supervisors, quality team leaders, quality assurance and laboratory technicians and engineers, anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949:2016, individuals and cross functional teams interested in risk reduction and anyone who wants a better understanding of the fundamentals of SPC and MSA.
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.