Effective Problem Solving: Leadership Driving Forces
In this 4 hours “hands-on” workshop you will learn how to improve the overall problem solving process effectiveness by identifying and addressing organizational gaps related to the following leadership driving forces: Lead by example, align organizational vision, address problem solving in the strategic plan, establish a training and certification structure, allocate proper resources, establish metrics, monitor progress, and organizational culture of problem solving.
The conversation around effective problem solving cannot begin without a discussion on the importance of Leadership’s role in the process. It is no surprise that an organization’s ability to succeed in all facets of the business begins with the ‘tone’, or cultural foundation, set by the organization’s leadership. This tone can be clearly communicated through formal policies and procedures or more subtle, derived through implied or demonstrated behaviors.
Quality pioneers such as Edwards Deming, Joseph Juran, and Phillip Crosby began their careers as early quality practitioners. As their experience grew, each shifted attention from the tools for quality, to focus on top leadership and creating an organizational culture where quality can be nurtured and achieved.
Live Virtual Workshop
Request a quote for a private session for just your team.
4 hours (Live Virtual)
It is strongly recommended for participants to attend one of the following two workshops:
- Acknowledge the role of leadership on the problem-solving effectiveness
- Understand the leadership driving forces for effective problem solving
- Perform an organizational culture assessment on problem solving
- Plan necessary changes to address critical gaps
Who Should Attend
Designed for top management and executives (directors and managers) that oversee the application of the problem-solving process
- Problem solving at a glance
- Leadership driving forces
- Lead by example
- Align organizational vision
- Address problem solving in the strategic plan
- Establish a training and certification structure
- Allocate proper resources
- Establish metrics
- Monitor progress
- Organizational culture of problem solving
- Organizational culture assessment on problem solving
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.