ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training
Learn the full range of auditing skills to become a strong advocate in obtaining maximum value from ISO 9001:2015.
Participants will acquire the necessary skills to become a leader in preparing and conducting audits through interactive methods while avoiding lecture based learning. Successful completion of this course meets the training requirements for certification of individual QMS Lead Auditors.
Plexus International’s ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training is focused on the training and development of the auditor candidates. Advisement, correction, discussion, information transfer and learning are the focus of the training session. Additionally, trainer evaluations of the auditor candidates’ performance and understanding are directed toward improving the candidates’ performance and understanding. Trainers are not to make final pass/fail determinations during initial parts of the training, but they are to collect performance data that assist them to make pass/fail determinations with regard to candidates’ performance and understanding. Final evaluation of the candidates is the result of the written examination and the continual evaluations during the training session.
A series of questions to be answered by the student and turned in prior to or at the beginning of the course to demonstrate understanding of the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Requirements for Successful Completion
There are two elements involved in the evaluation and examination for successful completion of participants of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student’s attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role-playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination, which covers the content of ISO 9001 and the application of audit principles and practices based on ISO 19011. 75% of the examination grade is based on questions that require essay responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of ISO 9001, and the remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice, true/false or short answer questions.
Note: The time allotted for taking the examination is two hours. Strict adherence to the time limit is to be maintained. However, the trainer may allow a student whose primary language is not the language in which the course is conducted, or a student with a particular disability that adversely affects the student’s capability to complete the examination in the allotted time, up to 30 additional minutes for taking the written examination.
The only reference materials allowed during the examination are a copy of the ISO 9001:2015 standard, course materials provided by Plexus International and any personal notes made by the student during the course.
- Perform audits based on ISO 19011 Standard
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001
- Link to Quality Management Principles
- Form an audit team
- Conduct an audit meeting
- Determine needed documentation and organize to the standard
- Classify, record and resolve nonconformities
- Implement preventative measures to avoid future nonconformities
Who Should Attend
- Any member of an ISO 9001 implementation team.
- Trainers who want an effective method of explaining ISO 9001 to employees.
- Representatives from key functional groups involved in an organization’s quality management system.
- Individuals who want to become auditors, those assisting their organizations toward ISO 9001 registration, and anyone responsible for leading an audit.
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Purpose and Principles of Quality Management Systems
- Process Approach
- Process Approach
- Review of QMS Requirements
- Understanding ISO 9001:2015
- Auditing Skills
- Audit Applications
- Audit Applications
- Written Exam
- Those who pass will receive a certificate of successful completion
- Those who do not pass will receive a certificate of attendance.