APQP and Control Plan: Transitioning
Recently APQP has moved into the 3rd edition, and with this change comes additional requirements and modifications inside of the document. While a lot of things have remained the same there are new elements around the managerial aspects of APQP as well as some technical tasks that have either been added or modified.
Examples include an increased focus on risk mitigation as well as more upfront planning around sourcing. In this transitionary course we're taking a look at all of the things that have changed inside of APQP 3rd edition.
This class is perfect for:
- Existing APQP practitioners that want to know what is different from the previous version.
- Managers who are looking to understand what these changes mean to their organization.
- Auditors that are looking to take their existing knowledge of APQP and meet the requirements for understanding.
We put a lot of thought into this transitioning course, inside you will find:
- We made sure that we included the relevant changes so that you know exactly what's about to happen to your APQP program based on this new version.
- We added in examples good bad and ugly of some of these new elements so that you understand exactly what is expected from this transition.
- We added increased commentary for the managerial side of APQP so that you understand the underlying conversations that are going on.
So if you are an existing APQP practitioner and looking for the perfect transition course to get you from where you are to where you need to be, this one is for you.
2 Days (16 Hours)
- Identify the changed elements from APQP 2nd to APQP 3rd edition
- Identify the changed elements of Control plan 1st edition from its split with the previous manual
- Define the “WHY” behind the changes to effectively implement the changes in your facility
- Understand General expectations for each APQP task and the higher system level of phase
- Apply techniques to mitigate cascading impact of ineffective execution on program objectives
- Identify and learn to address changes that occur during and after development
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new tasks performed as well as how to measure metrics for APQP
- Understand and apply the use of each new APQP tool in a real world context
- Analyze real world applications for effective internal communication as well as stakeholders
- Create Linkages between APQP tools at the task level
- Apply proven techniques for problem resolution/escalation
- Understand APQP as a system and how it contributes to the business system
- Understand and apply various methodologies Managing time, cost and risk factors
- Apply new techniques to manage the flow down of customer/regulatory requirements
Who Should Attend
- Program managers responsible to manage or implement APQP projects that already have a program
- Engineering and Support staff that work inside of APQP projects and want to know what is expected for
these new elements and methodologies
- Leaders who want to see the bigger picture of APQP to effectively manage the change brough on by the
transition to the new versions
- Fundamental changes for APQP 3rd edition
- Phase 1 – Quotation overview
- Phase 2 – Design Overview
- Phase3 – Process Overview
- Phase4 – Control Plan overview
- Phase 5 – Mass production
Plexus International brings your team together with experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment whether you are joining online or in-person. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop interaction includes the following functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderator support: For every session, both trainers and moderators (or on-site staff) will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of our training model. Participants may interject and raise hands at any time, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share feedback in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into breakouts to privately complete group activities and discussions, then returning to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (or polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention during the units.
- Digital Learning Package or Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may receive a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: If this is your first-time training with Plexus International or in a Live Virtual Workshop environment, we have prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate any conferencing technology and will support your teams hands-on in case you need any extra assistance. Join any session 30 minutes early and a moderator or support team member will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in our training sessions.
This course receives a certificate of completion.