Control Plan: Understanding and Implementing
Control Plans contain the operational details that your process needs to function, in simple terms the Control Plan is the operational directions for the process. The Control Plan also plays a role in the success of other tools like your FMEA and your SPC, however very few individuals possess the adequate detail and knowledge about this document to make it highly effective as well as efficient. In this 1-day course we will dive into the world of Control Plan 1st edition and take a look at not only understanding what it should look like, but also showing you how to implement it using best practices and expertise from the field.
We arranged this course for a variety of learners, but there is one constant …this class is for beginners.
- Engineers looking to create their first control plan
- Auditors looking to get more information on what a control plan SHOULD contain
- Associates looking to get back into Control Plans, and looking for what may have evolved over time
We know that the control plan is one of the most highly scrutinized documents in the core tools series, and so we took extra time in the course on some areas frequently overlooked. We know you can build it, but can you sustain it? These areas of focus represent the result of decades working clients to help your efforts around control plan succeed.
- We put special emphasis Product and Process Characteristics so that you get the causal relationships correct
- We strategize Sample size and frequency so that you do not ruin an otherwise high functioning FMEA
- We included best practices around monitoring the control plan, so that changes do not sneak up and ruin your control strategy
Overall this is the most comprehensive class on the subject of control plans, covering everything from their development, to their maintenance.
1 Day (8 Hours)
- Understand and implement the Control Plan Methodology,
- Develop control plans in each phase efficiently and effectively.
- Describe the type of information that should be entered in each Control Plan column.
- Utilize information gathered from performing an APQP and FMEA to construct a Control Plan.
- Evaluate the consistency of Control Plan application cases. Develop control plans for your manufacturing processes.
Who Should Attend
- Managers that are overseeing associates creating control plans
- Engineers and associates that are creating Control Plans
- Auditors looking for a deeper understanding of what a control plan should contain
- Fundamentals of Control Plan (Definitions & Concepts included key Linkages to APQP and FMEA)
- Control plan development
- Control plan phases (Prototype. Pre-launch, Safe Launch, Production)
- Effective use of Control Plans (Reverse PFMEA, Software, LPA’s, Control Plans in Highly Automated Processes)
Plexus International brings your team together with experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment whether you are joining online or in-person. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop interaction includes the following functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderator support: For every session, both trainers and moderators (or on-site staff) will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of our training model. Participants may interject and raise hands at any time, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share feedback in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into breakouts to privately complete group activities and discussions, then returning to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (or polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention during the units.
- Digital Learning Package or Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may receive a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: If this is your first-time training with Plexus International or in a Live Virtual Workshop environment, we have prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate any conferencing technology and will support your teams hands-on in case you need any extra assistance. Join any session 30 minutes early and a moderator or support team member will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in our training sessions.
This course receives a certificate of completion.