PPAP: How to review and improve the effectiveness of PPAP
PPAP is one of the most important core tools in the series, because it is the contractual submission for the part over to you from the supplier, or from you to your customer. The challenge is always in the details of such a complicated
document, and questions come up like:
- How should I best review this PPAP to make sure I am seeing the accurate picture?
- What does a good high quality PPAP submission look like?
- How can I review this in less time with higher effectiveness?
In this one-day training, we answer these questions and more, both from the supplier submission side, and the perspective of the plant submitting to the customer.
This dual perspective makes the course perfect for:
- Supplier Quality Engineers tasked with reviewing and approving PPAP
- Plant associates responsible for submission of PPAP to the customer
- Managers looking to see the details behind PPAP to assure that they are getting a realistic high quality PPAP submission into or out of their organization
Through group activities and scenario analysis, the Organizational multifunctional team, and Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE/STA) will learn how to prepare documentation applicable to the Production Part Approval Process
(PPAP) and evaluate the effectiveness of your suppliers' Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) by evaluating compliance with PPAP requirements
1 Day (8 Hours)
- Understand the requirements for preparing the PPAP related to IATF and Customer Specific Requirement
- Understand and correlate APQP outputs to PPAP requirements
- Understand the applicability of PPAP
- Apply submission and notification rules Understand, prepare and be able to evaluate PPAP requirements
- Understand submission levels, submission status, and record retention requirements
Who Should Attend
- Engineers, analysts, and other stakeholders responsible for preparing their organizations' PPAP documentation
- Engineers, analysts, and other stakeholders involved in the PPAP analysis of their suppliers (SQE - STA
- Engineers, analysts, and other stakeholders involved in the APQP process
- Auditors interested in improving their skills to audit the PPAP process
• Why Prepare and Submit PPAP
• PPAP & APQP Relationship
• What is PPAP Process - Introduction
• When Prepare and Submit PPAP - PPAP Section 1
• Where do PPAP Requirements come from?
• PPAP Process Requirements - PPAP Section 2
• Customer Notification and Submission Requirements - PPAP Section 3
• Submission to Customer - Levels of Evidence - PPAP Section 4
• Part Submission Status - PPAP Section 5
• Record Retention – PPAP Section 6
• PPAP Appendix
Plexus International brings your team together with experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment whether you are joining online or in-person. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop interaction includes the following functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderator support: For every session, both trainers and moderators (or on-site staff) will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of our training model. Participants may interject and raise hands at any time, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share feedback in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into breakouts to privately complete group activities and discussions, then returning to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (or polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention during the units.
- Digital Learning Package or Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may receive a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: If this is your first-time training with Plexus International or in a Live Virtual Workshop environment, we have prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate any conferencing technology and will support your teams hands-on in case you need any extra assistance. Join any session 30 minutes early and a moderator or support team member will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in our training sessions.
This course receives a certificate of completion.