SAE J1739 Process FMEA: Understanding & Implementing with Control Plans – Live Virtual Workshop
In this 2-day training we will cover the concepts, tools, and implementation techniques used to implement the SAE J1739 PFMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) methodology. The focus of this training is to give you an in-depth, and actionable understanding of the details within the new methodology, as well as a broad understanding of the intent of the tool and its application in other operational documents such as the Control Plan.
- Desktop or laptop computer
- A broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) internet connection.
- Speakers and a microphone that are either built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth.
- A built-in or a USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam.
A second monitor is highly recommended for optimal learning environment.
Who Should Attend
Recommended for Core Process FMEA Team to include process/manufacturing engineers, ergonomic engineers, process validation engineers, quality/reliability engineers, project managers, FMEA moderators/facilitators, auditors, and other roles with a limited working knowledge and background with SAE J1739 Process FMEA.
- A comprehensive review of the 6 steps in the New SAE FMEA methodology
- Linkage of the methodology to the cost of quality (COQ) and the business management system
- Understanding of the role the PFMEA plays in the context of an organization
- Introduction to implementation tools to assist your organization in using the methodology to drive performance
- Understanding the role the PFMEA plays in the generation of other operational documents like the control plan
- Development of an implementation strategy for the weeks following the training
- Complete an example to take back and use at your plant
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.