Plexus works closely with the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) to design, develop, and deploy Core Tools training curriculum around the world. The application of the “Core Tools” is one of the most important mechanisms for an organization who wants to develop and implement an effective product development process to:
- Meet and exceed industry and customer requirements
- Reduce the complexity of product quality planning
- Ensure engineering design and product specification requirements are met
- Predict and prevent failures in both the product development and part production processes
- Ensure process improvements are more effective
- Assess the quality of your measurement systems, providing a basis for recognizing where improvements can be made
FMEA Bootcamp | Live Virtual Seminars
Register for the full suite of FMEA seminars and knock out all five sessions across five days. You can also register for individual sessions, just 2.5 hours including Q&A. Starting at just $135.00 per attendee.
- Day 1: AIAG & VDA Process FMEA: Fundamentals Overview
- Day 2: AIAG & VDA Design FMEA: Fundamentals Overview
- Day 3: Process FMEA & Control Plan Linkages
- Day 4: Process FMEA & Design FMEA Linkages
- Day 5: FMEA & Cost of Quality (COQ) Analysis
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) is a structured method with 5 phases used to define and establish the necessary steps required to meet all Customer Specific Requirements (CSRs) in any new launch or product planning process. Approval of your APQP process will come through the submission of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). The PPAP is a standardized process created to provide evidence to the customer that there is a reliable and repeatable process in place. Plexus offers understanding and implementation training as well as consulting services for APQP & PPAP.
AS9145 - APQP & PPAP for Aerospace
APQP and PPAP is becoming widely adopted by the Aerospace industry as detailed in the AS9145 standard. Plexus International works with Aerospace suppliers, OEMs and Primes, and other key industry stakeholders to provide training and consulting solutions for AS9145 requirements.
APQP & PPAP Training Opportunities
Live Virtual Solutions
- AS9145 (APQP & PPAP) in Context - eLearning
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a team-oriented, systematic, qualitative, and analytical method intended to identify, analyze, and mitigate technical risks related to product and manufacturing process design. It supports the five APQP phases to improve customer satisfaction by emphasizing defect prevention. A major benefit of the FMEA is being able to mitigate risk while balancing costs leading to organizational stability and growth. The utilization of FMEA is not only limited to the automotive industry, and is widely used throughout the aerospace, software, food services, medical device, healthcare, consumer appliance, and many other industries.
FMEA Training Opportunities
FMEA Bootcamp | Live Virtual Seminars
- AIAG & VDA Process FMEA: Fundamentals Overview
- AIAG & VDA Design FMEA: Fundamentals Overview
- Process FMEA and Control Plan Linkages
- Design and Process FMEA Linkages
- FMEA & Cost of Quality (COQ) Analysis
- AIAG & VDA Process FMEA: Transitioning for Practitioners Register
- AIAG & VDA Design FMEA: Transitioning for Practitioners Register
- AIAG & VDA Process FMEA: Understanding & Implementing with Control Plans Register
- AIAG & VDA Design FMEA: Understanding & Implementing Register
- AIAG & VDA FMEA-MSR: Understanding & Implementing Register
- AIAG & VDA FMEA: Essentials for Transitioning - eLearning Register
New AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
In June 2019, the AIAG and the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) jointly published the first international guide on Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA). The AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook incorporates best practices from both AIAG and VDA methodologies into a harmonized, structured approach. The updated handbook promotes the utility of a process-oriented methodology to help suppliers meet the product performance requirements of global automakers.
Measurement System Analysis (MSA) & Statistical Process Control (SPC)
MSA measurement data monitors nearly every process. As data quality improves, decision quality improves. SPC describes several basic and advanced statistical methods to ensure your process improvements are more effective. In partnership with AIAG, Plexus offers understanding and implementation training solutions for MSA and SPC.
AIAG Core Tools Consulting Services
Our mission is to develop a deep understanding of your organization’s internal processes and business needs, and adapt the scope of our consulting efforts to meet your desired business outcomes. The first step is connecting with a Plexus representative and we'll carefully assess your unique needs.